Subscribe to speak_AsianAmericans
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

email: speakAsianAmericans

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

3-29-05 Black Eyed Peas

Did you know that Taboo from Black Eyes is really cool?

So this is what we learned from him, from last night's Kung Fu Hustle premiere:

SAA: "So... what's with that lyric..."I'm the Chief, Filipino?" Are you Flipino or not? Cuz you look like a brotha to me."

Taboo: "O nah man. I am just tight with my band peeps (referring to Apl de Ap, who is a proud Filipino American). We all grew up together. I'm mexican. but I'm the chief cuz I got some native blood too you know."

SAA: "I am such a big (insert $%^& words) fan of your music! I'm so glad that you guys rose from underground and now is educating the masses!"

Taboo: "Word brotha. Word."

SAA: "What are you doing here for the premiere of Kung Fu Hustle?"

Taboo: "Man, I love martial arts. A mexican loving martial arts. haha. I'm gonna be on the cover of Inside Kung Fu for the May 2005 Issue man!"

Needless to say... Speak Asian American supports some BEP Pride.

Their album drops May 25, 2005. Monkey Business. check it out!